This is the Applied Engineering PC Transporter. It allows you to run MS-DOS applications on your Apple IIgs! It can also be used as a ~800K RAM disk. Click the following image for a closer view:
This auction includes all the items pictured above, including the following:
- PC Transporter card, includes original box and manual
- II GS Installation kit, includes original box and the cards an cables need to connect the PC Transporter to your Apple II GS
- A 2 Bay "Transdrive" Floppy Drive for MS-DOS disks and its leaflet manual (with instructions on setting jumpers, etc.)
- Original PC Transporter System disks (both the 3.5" & 5.25" versions)
- An original IBM MS-DOS 2.0 disk and accompaning system tools disk, both are 5.25" floppies.
Note: The MS-DOS drive spins quietly the entire time that it recognizes that there is a disk inside. This has no apparent effect on its operation, and I assume this is the correct behavior for the drive. But it's been more than a decade since I used this with any regularity, so I don't know for sure.
At the time of this posting, this has been completely tested and is working. Here is a video demonstration of the actual item I am selling that I recorded just before removing the parts from my GS and packing them up for this auction (or watch the annotated version with dorky stock music on YouTube):
Even though the card is leaving here in working form, I can make no guarantees as to if it will work in your machine. Therefore, I am selling this item AS IS. Please buy shipping insurance if you have any concerns. I will ship to the US only. The entire package is going to weigh somewhere between 8-10 lbs. Contact me if you have any questions. Here the link to the eBay Auction... bid early... bid often!
UPDATE: The package eventually sold for around $155! Woo hoo!